Monday, June 6, 2011

Homemade Granola

This is a simple recipe, just have to mix up things and let oven do the rest of the job for you. I found this recipe while going through cake designs on the blog "I am mommy/ i am baker". It was like you get the best things when you are not looking for it. It is healthy, homemade so you know what goes into it, inexpensive and versatile- eat it with milk for breakfast, have it as a topping on yogurt/ frozen yogurt or ice-cream or just have it as it is for a quick healthy snack. I do not like most of the cereals because they get mushy in milk and I hate that texture in mouth. I love this granola with milk for breakfast or snack.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 2 cups quick cook oats
  • 2-4 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tsp clove powder
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup dried fruit of your choice (dried cranberries, blueberries, etc)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup canola / vegetable oil
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 250 degree F.
  • Mix all the ingredients and spread them out on a baking sheet.
  • Bake for about an hour. After 30 minutes just sift it so that it gets baked evenly.
  • Cool for an hour before transferring into an airtight container.
* I have tried it with maple syrup and honey too. So if you don't have maple syrup available around you honey works.
* I just had old fashioned oats so I just used 4 cups of it and still works great.



1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely space with delicious recipes.. awesome job.. Keep rocking :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete